add a comment
Friday 28th May 2010
First meeting today includes the whole team including Directors and Managers. The meeting is the internal kick-off meeting. Today is the day we put pencil to paper in terms of suggested dates for go-live. This is also a time to meet the teams get a feel for how on board with the project they are, are they being dragged along or have they the passion to get this done? The response from everyone is great. They are all committed and passionate about what they want to achieve. This is fundamental to the success of the project.
The project includes three additional software systems to SAP and I am responsible for the implementation and integration of them all.
I create a list of thoughts that I will flesh out over the next month.
Things I ponder:
- Christmas is a Key trading period we need to minimise risk.
- Can we hit the dates that are being asked for (Create a breakdown of the phases quickly)
- Pencilled SAP Go-Live date of second quarter of 2011.
- To implement vehicle optimisation before SAP Go-Live.
- Install development system immediately.
- Move deadline for as-is mapping to approx 1st May (2 months from now) due to increased workload over Easter.
- Conduct workshops one per day to ensure full attendance – it’s important that everyone is involved across their responsibilities to make sure we don’t miss anything that affects other areas.
- Start data migration project immediately.
- To agree when/how to inform customers of our changes.
- Lockdown second quarter as holidays for key staff (as best we can).
- Undecided on “Big Bang” or staged approach.
- Scope changes to be submitted to PM who will seek authorisation from MD.
- Archiving strategy will be considered pre go-live.
- Professional SAP training to be considered for technical staff.
- Buy-in meetings to be held with trusted staff for approx 20mins per department every month.
- On-Site Project Review to be bi-weekly.
- Project plan with commentary on Budget, Time, Risks once per week to MD.
- PM to organise meetings with system suppliers and integrate their implementation alongside the “grand plan”.
- PM to have constant communication with the Boughey team to ensure there are no delays in the plan due to risks/problems and help where necessary.
For next week:
- 3rd party vendors – meet them and start technical discussions.
- Ball rolling on 3rd party projects
- Get SAP basis team in for installations
- Compile SAP project plan
- Kickoff buy-in meetings
add a comment
Boughey Distribution, the UK’s leading ambient grocery distribution and storage specialist, helps importers and producers meet the supply needs of retailers in the ambient grocery market.